Atlas Technologies – Aluminum Vacuum Science
The last 20 years Atlas Technologies has held the position of world leader in aluminum vacuum chambers and components. We pride ourselves on developing new products that better serve our customers, often designing projects and manufacturing products to solve some of the most complicated UHV challenges.
The past two decades have provided us with tremendous opportunities in a wide ranging collection of industries from cryogenics to nuclear medicine. We are, at heart, intellectually curious and adventurous. Asking “why?” or “How about this?” is part of our ethos. Tell us what you would like to achieve and we will work with you to make it a reality.
Go to the ATLAS Website
Atlas Technologies – Leading Progress & Innovating Industries
Atlas maintains core strength in dissimilar metal bonding and provides a full range of UHV certified bimetallic components and fittings to demanding applications. Our bimetallic technologies address the most demanding endeavors and aid us in improving functionality, ultimately helping our customers envision and achieve their goals by surpassing the limitations of stainless steel.
Our technical innovations include:
• Atlas CF Flange™ combines a stainless steel knife edge on an aluminum body so aluminum chambers can be reliably sealed to UHV levels with conventional CF flanges.
• Atlas ATCR™, the aluminum face seal fitting with a stainless face, welds to aluminum tubing for delivery of high purity fluid, gas, or vacuum and is the only robust all metal seal for aluminum tube or pipe.
• Atlas Foil Window Flange™ is an ultra thin aluminum or titanium UHV window that allows for quick, inexpensive replacement in the field and is an excellent alternative to beryllium.
• Atlas Emissivac™ UHV Polish entails a process which produces highly polished aluminum surfaces that are UHV and extreme high vacuum (XHV) compatible. The resulting surface has considerably lower thermal emissivity, diffusion rates, and outgassing.
• The Atlas Titanium Sublimation Pump delivers very low hydrogen permeation, high surface vacuum environment for condensation, and quick pump down.
• Atlas’ Neutron Window is neutron transparent allowing for the delivery of neutrons for nuclear research
• Atlas Bimetal Tube and Pipe Transition Couplings are metallurgical bonded dissimilar metal joints used to provide an all welded transition for dissimilar metal tubes or pipes for cryogenics, Ultra High Vacuum (UHV), and Ultra High Purity (UHP) environments in scientific, medical, oil and gas, chemical, nuclear and semiconductor industries.
• Oxygen resistant and highly thermally uniform wafer heater tables with a hastalloy, stainless, or aluminum face and a copper core to increase thermal uniformity of the surface of the heater.
• Innovative Welding and Dissimilar Material Joining Methods: Explosive Bonding, Diffusion Bonding, TIG Welding, Electron Beam Welding, and Brazing
These products and methods have been used on tens of thousands of UHV, semiconductor, particle physics, and cryogenic applications world-wide. Atlas applies innovation to these crucial processes, delivers superior results that advance industry standards, and provides a stable platform of products.
Titanium Vacuum Chambers
Atlas Titanium vacuum chambers offer extreme vacuum performance with very low hydrogen permeation rates and secondary gasses. Titanium vacuum chambers, due to the gettering properties of this metal, are in many ways the ultimate vacuum material. For extreme high vacuum, Titanium is often the best choice. However, due to its cost and slow machining it is typically used only when extreme high vacuum is required.
Demountable CF flange sealing to Titanium vacuum chambers is not a problem. Atlas manufactures Titanium Atlas Flanges which have a stainless steel sealing face on a Titanium body. The stainless face matches the coefficient of thermal expansion of other stainless flanges while the Titanium body is welded to the Titanium chamber.
Copper Vacuum Chambers
Copper vacuum chambers and copper alloy vacuum chambers can offer excellent performance for nonmagnetic, radio frequency (RF), and high thermal conductivity applications.
Many of the advantages for Aluminum chambers also apply to copper vacuum chambers. Copper vacuum vessels can be extruded, have very little photo-desorption, have good thermal stability, are self shielding for some radiation and have low thermal expansion.